- Staffing. When staffing your booth, the busiest time is the morning.
Schools in greater Minnesota and surrounding states come by bus and will be
there early, but will leave in the early afternoon. Expect approximately 500
students to attend.
- Who should staff your booth. Some exhibitors use human resource
professionals, others have accounting professionals and some have both. You
might also consider a mix of younger and experienced staff to represent
your organization. What is most important is that the person in the booth
knows what is expected.
- know what types of career options are available for accounting professionals
within the company, not just the current job openings.
- know if the company is currently hiring and for what positions.
- know if they are expected to screen resumes and students, or just
- know who the primary contact is for interested students.
- have a set of questions used for screening.
- Dress Code. Students are told to think of this as an interview and to
dress professionally. Some exhibitors have commented that they felt
- Handouts. Most exhibitors bring handouts. You won’t need a
handout for each student. We suggest that you bring about 300 handouts.
Many exhibitors have candy or a free gift to make their booth more interesting
- Business cards. Students are told to ask for business cards, so bring
lots with you.
- Door prizes. Students will be encountering many potential employers;
ensure your name sticks out as an employer of choice. Establish your place in
students' memories with a door prize donation. To donate, contact Angie Metso at
- Times. Plan your day accordingly:
Tuesday, September 19, 2017:
- Move in: 7:00 - 8:00 am (Ballroom A, Main Level)
- Move out: 4:00 - 5:00 pm
- Show hours: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Loading, unloading, and booth preparation. Convention Center and
conference personnel are unable to assist with move-in and/or set-up of booth.
If you need assistance, it must be arranged with Brede professional services in
- Student tips. Read the student tips so you know what they know.
- Talk to us. Conference ambassadors are assigned to help exhibitors. If
you need anything, find one of them. They are there to help you.
» Exhibitor information